Christa McAuliffe was an American teacher and astronaut. She was killed in the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. She survived the initial breakup of the shuttle but lost consciousness due to loss of cabin pressure and probably died due to oxygen deficiency pretty quickly. She was posthumously awarded the Congressional Space Medal of Honor in 2004. Link in bio.
Table of Contents
Christa McAuliffe Age
How old was Christa McAuliffe? She was born on September 2, 1948 in Boston, MA. She died at the age of 37. She was of Irish descent. She was the oldest of the five children of accountant Edward Christopher Corrigan.
Christa McAuliffe Height & Weight
How tall was Christa McAuliffe? She stands on a height of 5 feet 5 inches or else 1.65 m or 165 cm tall. She weighs around 54 kg or 120 lbs. She had dark brown eyes and had blonde hair.
Christa McAuliffe Death Cause
What is the death cause of Christa McAuliffe? She was one of the seven crew members killed in the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
Christa McAuliffe Wiki
|Sharon Christa McAuliffe
|Teacher and astronaut
|37-yrs old (Died)
|Space Shuttle Challenger disaster
|September 2, 1948
|Bra Cup Size
|Approx $700,000 (USD)
Christa McAuliffe Husband
Who was the husband of Christa McAuliffe? She was a married lady. She had two children with husband Steven McAuliffe.
Christa McAuliffe Net Worth
What was the net worth of Christa McAuliffe? Her net worth was estimated around $700,000 (USD).
Christa McAuliffe Facts
- Christa McAuliffe parents worked with Framingham State College to establish the McAuliffe Center.
- On July 1, 1985, she was announced as one of the 10 finalists.
- She obtained her first teaching position in 1970.
- She was a social studies teacher, and taught several courses including American history, law, and economics.
- She completed a Master of Arts in education supervision and administration from Bowie State University in Maryland.