Elian Soto is the younger brother of the renowned baseball player Juan Soto. While Juan has made a name for himself as one of the most talented players in the MLB, Elian is also making name in the world of baseball.
Table of Contents
Elian Soto Biography
Elian Soto is a third baseman and outfielder who signed with the Nationals organization as an international free agent once he became eligible in January 2023.
He was born to Juan Soto, Sr. and Belkis Pacheco. He has an older sister and younger brother. His father, a salesman, was a catcher in a local men’s league and encouraged his son to make baseball his passion.
Elian Soto Age
Elian Soto age is 23 years old, as of 2023.
|23 yrs old, in 2023
|Younger Brother Of Juan Soto
|In feet: 5’10” (1.72 m)
|73 Kg or 160 lbs
|Juan Soto, Sr.
Elian Soto Net Worth
Elian Soto’s net worth is estimated to be $3 million – $4.5 million, as of 2023. His brother Juan Soto signed a one-year, $23 million contract with the Padres, avoiding salary arbitration.
While dealing with the New York Yankees on December 6, 2023, the Padres sent Soto and Trent Grisham along with Drew Thorpe, Jhony Brito, Michael King, Randy Vásquez, and Kyle Higashioka.
Lesser Known Facts About Elian Soto
- Elian Soto’s was the runner up in National League Most Valuable Player Award (NL MVP) voting, losing out to Harper.
- In Major League Baseball history, Soto is the sixth player to finish in second place in the voting for both Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year.
- Soto, who was 23 years old at the time, was given a contract extension by the Nationals that would have lasted until his age 35 season in 2034.
- The Nationals made this offer prior to the lockout that occurred in the Major League Baseball in 2021–2022.
- On the other hand, Soto declined the offer and stated that he and his agent, Scott Boras, intended to wait until he became a free agent after the 2024 season to sign a deal.
- He also stated that he “still think of Washington as the place where would like to spend the rest of his career.”