Alewya Demmisse is a singer-songwriter, producer, and visual artist who is known for her multidimensional approach. She heard a local mosque’s call to prayer, met Moroccan neighbors around her home on Goldhawk Road, and had Afro-Caribbean friends all influencing her unique sound.
Furthermore, she is a model discovered by Cara Delevingne while performing in the film Kids in Love, which was directed by her friend, Chris Foggin. Alweya has worked with Women Management (New York) and Storm Model Management (London) as a model. She’s booked for DKNY’s Runway Walk in New York.
Who is Alewya?
Alewya is a London-born musician who was influenced by Ethiopian and Arabic music. Her family immigrated to London as refugees when she was five years old. By the age of nineteen, Alewya had begun investigating music and art, and as a result she released her first song, Sweating, on June 25, 2020. Over 2.1 million people have viewed it.
Alewya’s Age, Height, Songs
Born in 1994, Alweya Demmisse is 27 years old, as of January 2021. She possesses a pretty decent height of 5 feet and 9 inches.
Recently, Alweya Demmisse dropped her first music track, Sweating, on her Youtube channel at the end of June 2020. The way is overwhelming and has over 2.1M views. She adores Little Simz as a person has also collaborated with him on her track ‘Where’s my Lighter.’
Some Facts about Alewya
- Alewya is a successful model, singer-songwriter, producer, and visual artist from Ethiopia. Her name means “the highest in Ethiopia” in Amharic.
- She was the daughter of an Egyptian father who had grown up in Sudan and an Ethiopian mother.
- Alweya Demmisse is a 27-year-old mother of two who was born in 1994 and subsequently moved to West London with her family when she was five years old. She stands at 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- She currently resides in New York, where she spends time with her closest friends Adwoa Aboah and Binx Walton.
- Alewya Demmisse is a model discovered by Cara Delevingne while filming Kids in Love with her friend, Chris Foggin.
- Alweya has worked with several modeling agencies, including Storm Model Management (London) and Woman Management (New York). She recently walked the DKNY Runway.
- Alweya’s initial song, Sweating, was released at the end of June 2020.
- Always active on Instagram, with over 25.9K followers.
- Honey Dijon and Breakage have remixed Honey’s song “Sweating” while she has worked with Little Simz on her track “where’s my lighter,” as well as collaborated with Lifeline, Kero Kero Bonito, and Jorja Smith on remixes for the song.
- She likes to solve Math problems and tell people she is a Math Whiz while also singing and modeling.
- She is currently under contract with Sony Music.
- Her father, Mr. George Demmisse, has been a professional singer for over twenty years.
- Alewya’s sister, Aleeza Demmisse, would like people to know she is not Alweya even though they are cousins. They have no other family in England except their grandmother who owns a flower shop and their mother who works at the Bank of London and South America (BLSA). The sisters met Adwoa Aboah while attending fashion school and becoming models together while living in London.
- Their best friends are Binx Walton and Adwoa Aboah while her favorite musician is Drake while her older sister loves Beyonce.