Nadine Drescher is the sister of Fran Drescher who is an American actress, comedian, writer, activist, and trade union leader. In 1973, she was a first runner-up for “Miss New York Teenager”. She attended Queens College, City University of New York. She studied theater arts and began her acting skills at Queens College. Inspired by Fran’s success, Nadine also became involved in activism and worked with various trade unions to champion workers’ rights.
Table of Contents
Personal Life Of Nadine Drescher
Nadine Drescher was born in 1955, in Queens, a borough of New York City, the older daughter of Sylvia, a bridal consultant, and Morty Drescher, a naval systems analyst.
Her family is Jewish, from Southeast and Central Europe. Her maternal great-grandmother Yetta was born in Focșani, Romania, and emigrated to the United States, while her father’s family came from Poland.
She has a younger sister named, Fran Drescher who made her screen debut with a small role in the 1977 film Saturday Night Fever and later appeared in American Hot Wax (1978).
|Nadine Drescher||Quick Summary|
|Nick Name||Nadine Drescher|
|Best known as||Older sister of Fran Drescher|
|Age||68 yrs old, in 2023|
|Parents’ name||Sylvia and Morty Drescher|
|Born In||New York City, U.S.|
|Height||In feet: 5’6” (1.67 m)|
Nadine Drescher Education
Nadine Drescher attended Flushing’s Parsons Junior High School, which later dissolved, and then Hillcrest High School in Jamaica, Queens with her younger sister. She graduated from Hillcrest High School in 1973.
Later, she attended Queens College, City University of New York, but her sister Fran Drescher dropped out in their first year because “all the acting classes were filled.” She then enrolled in cosmetology school.
Is Nadine Drescher Married?
Yes, Nadine Drescher is married but her husband name is not known. Her sister, Fran Drescher was married to Peter Marc Jacobson, whom she married in 1978, at age 21. They divorced in 1999.
Lesser Known Facts About Nadine Drescher
- Nadine Drescher is not on any social media platforms.
- Her sister, Fran Drescher appeared on ALF as Roxanne, the wife of grown-up Brian, in 1990.
- She appeared in episodes of the short-lived sitcom Good Morning, Miami as Roberta Diaz, in 2003.
- She began her campaign to become president of the SAG-AFTRA union, in 2021.
- Drescher announced the start of the SAG-AFTRA strike on July 14, 2023, at midnight, in conjunction with the WGA strike that had begun less than two months earlier.
- Nadine Drescher is shares a very close bond with her sister.