Cam Newton is an American football quarterback for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted as the first overall pick by the Panthers in the 2011 NFL Draft. Newton played college football at Auburn, where he won a national championship in 2010. He is the only player in the modern era to be awarded the Heisman Trophy, win a national championship, and become the first overall pick in an NFL draft within a one-year span. Newton was born on May 11, 1989, in Atlanta, Georgia. His father, Cecil Newton Sr., is a former Arena Football League player who played for six teams during his career; his mother is Jackie Newton. Cam Newton Parents: Jackie and Cecil Newton Sr..
Table of Contents
Cam Newton Parents: Jackie
Newton was born in Atlanta on May 11, 1987. He is the son of Jackie and Cecil Newton Sr., who was a safety for the 1983 Dallas Cowboys and 1984 Buffalo Bills, and the younger brother of Cecil Newton, a center who played for the Jacksonville Jaguars. His youngest brother, Caylin, was the quarterback for the Howard Bison in the mid-2010s.
Who Is Cecil Newton Sr.?
Cecil Newton Sr. is best known as the mother of Cam Newton. She is also the manager of her son’s career, and has been credited with helping him become one of the most successful young quarterbacks in the NFL today. Cecil Newton Sr. was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is the daughter of a local preacher, and she grew up in a very religious household. Cecil Newton Sr. attended college at Tuskegee University, where she studied business administration. After graduating from Tuskegee, she moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where she met her future husband, John Newton.
Cam Newton FAQs
- What is Cam Newton’s ethnicity?
- Cam Newton is African American.
- His father, Cecil Newton Sr., is a former Arena Football League player who played for six teams during his career.
- His mother, Jackie, is also African American.
- What college did Cam Newton attend?
- Cam Newton attended Auburn University.
- He won a national championship with the Auburn Tigers in 2010.
- What position does Cam Newton play?
- Cam Newton is a quarterback.
- He plays for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL).